Edible Dosing Guide – How Much Is Enough? What You Should Know
If you’re taking medical cannabis products like edibles, it’s important to make sure you take the right dose to help with your condition, but not so much that you’re uncomfortable. What’s the right amount to take?
Well, everyone is different. Many different factors come into play when choosing the right dose, including past cannabis usage and tolerance, gender, weight, and more. But we’ve put together a quick guide to be basics below, which is a good place to start. Please note that this is not medical advice, it is merely a suggestion.
What To Expect From Different Cannabis Edible Dosages
Everyone processes cannabis differently. But, as a “rule of thumb,” here’s what you can expect from different doses of THC in your edibles.
- 1 to 2.5 mg – This “microdose” is good for first-time users, and could provide feelings of pain and stress relief, relief of anxiety, and enhanced focus and creativity.
- 2.5 to 15 mg – An edible dose of this amount may provide stronger symptom relief and feelings of happiness (euphoria). However, it will usually also alter perception, coordination, and your mental state.
- 15 to 30 mg – You may experience strong euphoria and mind-altering effects at this dosage. You may feel uncomfortable if you do not have a strong tolerance or are a first-time user.
- 30 to 50 mg – A dose of this amount could cause significant psychoactive effects and impair your coordination and alter your perception. This is usually a good dose for very experienced cannabis consumers.
- 50 to 100 mg – Doses this high are not recommended unless you have a very high THC tolerance. You could experience symptoms like a rapid heartbeat, nausea, pain, and anxiety.
Got Questions About Edible Dosing? Ask Your MMJ Doctor For Advice!
Proper edibles dosage depends on your tolerance and the specifics of your case. So we recommend speaking with your MMJ doctor to make sure you get the right dosage for your needs. Need a medical card? Medical Alternatives Clinics can help with that, too. Contact us now to schedule an appointment in Colorado Springs.