How to get a medical marijuana card in Colorado
There are several steps involved in getting a medical marijuana card in Colorado, and with the Medical Alternatives Clinics team by your side, we make the process fast and easy.
Overall, there are 4 general steps in the process:
- Check if you qualify
- See a licensed physician
- Submit your application online
- Print your card!
Below are the details behind each step.
Step 1 – Check if you qualify
Colorado recognizes the following conditions as qualifying:
- HIV or AIDS
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- An Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Any condition for which a physician could prescribe an opioid
If you don’t see your condition on this list, don’t worry, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t qualify. Give us a call at (719) 246-0393, for a free consultation or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2 – See a licensed physician
Once you have determined that you qualify for a medical marijuana card, the next step will be to see a licensed medical marijuana doctor who can give a physician certification. You can do so by scheduling an appointment with us. We are open 6 days a week, Monday thru Saturday, and we also do take walk-ins typically from 10am to 3pm.
Step 3 – Submit your application online
After you have seen the physician you will follow these steps to complete the online registration process. You can do this at the clinic right after you have seen the doctor and we can help you with each step or you can also do this from home, if you like:
- Create your account and register with the Medical Marijuana Registry
- Attach your physician certification to your application
- Specify how you will obtain your medicine (for example, from a dispensary or home grown)
- Pay the state application fee $26.33
- At this point, your application status should say “Pending Staff Review”
Step 4 – Print your card!
After you have paid the state application fee, it will take the state about 2-3 business days to review your submission. Once you have been approved, you should get an email from the state. You can now log back into your account and print your card! Follow these steps to download and print your medical marijuana card.