Best Medical Marijuana Strains for Pain Relief and Anxiety
One of the most popular reasons people seek out medical marijuana is to deal with various types of pain. From chronic pain to inflammation, migraine headaches, injury, sore muscles, neuropathy, arthritis, or fibromyalgia, consumers are discovering the many ways medical marijuana can provide pain relief. But what is the best strains for pain relief? Anxiety is another problem people are finding relief for with certain strains of medical marijuana. There are many strains and hybrids available, so how do you know which is the best medical strain for anxiety or any other symptoms you are feeling? The level of success you achieve in pain relief depends on the type of pain you are experiencing, the intensity, and your own body’s physiology. This article will help answer the question of which medical marijuana strains are the best for pain relief and anxiety.
Pain relief can be achieved from smoking, ingesting, or topically applying cannabis or cannabis infused products. Smokers experience an almost immediate effect that peaks usually within 10 to 30 minutes and dissipates over the next hour or two, while those who consume cannabis infused edibles experience a more intense, longer lasting effect that can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to appear, depending on the individual’s metabolism.
For those who want the therapeutic benefits of marijuana and are looking for the best medical strains for anxiety without the psychoactive (“high”) effect, topical applications such as cannabis infused lotions, oils, salves, ointments, and balms provide effective localized pain relief for painful chronic conditions such as arthritis pain, as well as acute pain caused by injury, strain, or overworked muscles. These topical products are absorbed through the skin and work by binding to a network of CB2 receptors found throughout the body which are activated by naturally occurring endocannabinoids or by cannabis compounds such as THC and CBD. A topical containing THC will not produce the intense high that takes place when smoking or ingesting cannabis. Topicals are most often chosen as the best strains for pain relief and feature various blends of essential oils designed to enhance and complement the pain relieving effects of cannabis.
There are hundreds of cannabis strains that help relieve both physical pain and anxiety. In this article we will list the top cannabis strains that are the top strains for pain relief, and the best medical strains for anxiety.
Let’s start with pain relief:
1. ACDC. For generalized pain, this is one of the most effective painkilling strains available due to its combination of CBD and THC cannabinoids.
2. Blackberry Kush. THC is dominant in this sweet, berry-flavored strain that evokes a blissful euphoria while eliminating feelings of physical pain.
3. Harlequin. For those who wish to relieve physical pain while remaining mentally sharp, this high-CBD strain is a great option for daytime treatment of inflammatory pain. Its uplifting effect works far better than heavier, more intoxicating choices.
4. Blue Widow. This cross between Blueberry and White Widow is another great choice for treating pain caused by inflammation.
5. Purple Arrow. For headaches including migraines, this strain offers quick relief without heavily sedating effects.
6. Blueberry Headband. This strain offers focused headache relief with effects that are felt in the crown of the head.
7. Redwood Kush. This strain is heavy with THC and offers relief from muscle cramping, relaxing mental and physical tension.
8. Dynamite is another high-THC strain that relieves pain and cramping but is also known to cause increased hunger.
9. Mazar I Sharif is a landrace strain that does well in relieving acute pain as with injury. Because of its high cannabinoid content this strain attacks stubborn pain with efficacy.
10. Cataract Kush is an extremely effective hybrid cross between LA Confidential and OG Kush, and is one of the best strains for pain relief.
Whether you suffer from an anxiety disorder or are just searching for a way to relieve the anxiety and stress of everyday life, the best medical strains for anxiety include:
1. Harlequin. This marijuana strain is known to effectively reduce or relieve anxiety while producing a clear head, with medical patients reporting an increased feeling of alertness following consumption. The high levels of CBD present in Harlequin provide relaxation without sedation, making it a good choice for people looking for anxiety relief without a psychoactive high.
2. Harle-Tsu. This strain is known for its strong anxiety relieving properties and extremely high levels of CBD to THC (20 to 1). Widely recognized for producing relaxed and focused feelings, while reducing stress levels.
3. ACDC. Also effective for pain relief, this strain is recognized as one of the highest CBD strains available. Like Harle-Tsu, this strain also has a 20:1 CBD to THC ratio, offering patients reduced anxiety with very little, if any, psychoactivity. Patients report feeling relaxed and happy after consuming this sativa-dominant strain.
4. CBD Shark. This 80% indica-dominant strain has an equal ratio of CBD to THC. This strain is well-balanced, recognized for producing happy and relaxing effects and is one of the best medical strains for anxiety on the market. This strain is a good choice for people who have anxiety as well as pain, as the THC present can produce both pain relief and sleep-inducing effects.
5. Canna-Tsu. This hybrid comes from a cross between Cannatonic and Sour Tsunami and is very effective in reducing anxiety due to higher levels of CBD. With a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC, some psychoactivity is possible. Known to produce calming effects and mental clarity, Canna-Tsu offers consumers anti-inflammatory effects as well.
6. Haoma. This 70% indica strain offers both calming and stress-relieving effects. Higher levels of CBD help to reduce anxiety. Because Haoma is an indica strain, it’s a logical choice for those with anxiety who also need help falling asleep.
7. Cannatonic. The high CBD, low THC strain is known for its uplifting and relaxing qualities with little to no psychoactive effects. Cannatonic is well known as one of the top marijuana strains for reducing anxiety as well inflammation.
8. Trident. This high CBD strain helps patients stay mentally focused while producing relaxing effects. Trident is very effective at helping people focus better and control their anxiety. Most people report feeling a more cerebral effect with this marijuana strain.
9. Sour Tsunami. This is a cannabis strain specifically grown for its high CBD content and highly sought after for its medicinal properties. This sativa-dominant hybrid can help relieve anxiety and may also help ease painful physical conditions and help combat inflammation because of its moderate levels of THC.
10. Valentine X. This is a 50/50 hybrid strain that is a CBD dominant variant of ACDC. Patients report feelings of deep relaxation, representing significant relief for those suffering from anxiety. Valentine X can also help ease fatigue, inflammation, and seizures.
Whether you’re looking for the best medical strains for anxiety, if you’re in the Colorado Springs area, Medical Alternatives Clinic is here to help you with all your medical marijuana needs. If you would like to schedule an appointment with one of the medical marijuana experts at our facility, please visit our online portal. We offer convenient same day appointments for current and prospective medical marijuana patients and we can help you get your MMJ Red Card in three days or less! If you have any questions about the proper application of medical marijuana for your situation, please contact us at (719) 246-0393 or email us your questions at email@example.com. Reach out to any of our Medical Marijuana Doctors in Colorado Springs to begin the process today.