CBD for Pets
With so many pet CBD products, you may often wonder just how viable they are for your furry friends. So far, CBD has shown potential as a natural, alternative treatment for both humans and pets alike. While the investigation is still ongoing, early evidence suggests that CBD may be a safe way to relieve some of your animal’s ailments. This post will discuss CBD treatment for pets and what is known so far about its usage and promising benefits.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a non-intoxicating compound extracted from hemp and cannabis plants. Once administered, CBD interacts with your pet’s endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system, or ECS, maintains homeostasis and regulates your pet’s bodily functions.
CBD for pets is currently available in various forms, such as tinctures, capsules, and CBD-infused treats. It is sold online and in pet stores across the country.
How Can CBD Help My Pet?
Although CBD studies on pets are still limited, existing research shows promise.
Here are some potential benefits of CBD treatment for pets:
- Pain relief
- Reducing inflammation
- Diminishing seizure frequency
- Decreasing anxiety and stress
- Immune system support
As more CBD research on animals is analyzed, the list of uses is expected to grow.
Is CBD Safe for Pets?
Even though CBD is growing as a popular treatment for pets, it’s important to note that the FDA has not officially approved it as a treatment for any medical condition in animals. However, new evidence supports its use, and experts suspect it may be a safe and effective treatment option.
Here are six tips for giving CBD to your pet safely:
- Choose a product made from high-quality ingredients. Typically, the best CBD products use locally sourced hemp and have a certificate of analysis (COA).
- If you decide to give CBD to your pet, ensure it’s in a form that’s easy for your pet to ingest.
- Make sure to monitor your pet closely after administering CBD.
- Always follow proper dosage guidelines for your pet’s weight and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- CBD products are currently available in various forms, so check with your veterinarian or contact the company to see if your chosen product is an appropriate treatment for your pet.
- Never give your pets CBD meant for human consumption. When giving your pet CBD, always use products specifically formulated for their species and particular needs.
When you first decide to give CBD to your pets, it is crucial to speak with your veterinarian about any possible adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects?
Like any other medication or supplement, it’s essential to be aware of possible side effects when giving your pet CBD.
Reported side effects include:
- Low blood pressure
When using CBD, it’s always best to start with a small dosage and work your way up to the manufacturer’s recommended dosage.
CBD treatment is rapidly growing in popularity, both for humans and pets. However, with the increased use of CBD pet products, animal parents and veterinarians often wonder if it’s an option for their pet’s ailments and overall wellness.
Current research indicates that CBD may be a safe and practical choice for your pets. Although recent research shows promise, more research is needed to determine the full scope of CBD’s benefits.
Remember, when starting CBD treatments for your pet, it’s best to work with a veterinarian familiar with CBD products.