Marijuana Strains for Inflammation
Inflammation is our body’s way of telling us something is wrong. When the gums around your teeth become inflamed, you go see the dentist to find out the source and remedy the problem, whether it’s decay, something lodged between teeth and gums, or something else. When we get a cut on our finger the flesh around it can become inflamed and painful, and when they are stressed or injured, our joints can become inflamed. Inflammation can be painful, and chronic, systemic inflammation can be indicative of a serious medical condition that needs attention. Classic signs of systemic inflammation include fever, fatigue, abdominal pain, unexplained rashes or mouth sores, and chest pain. None of these symptoms should be ignored. Inflammation is one of the most common ailments people use cannabis to treat. Here are our recommendations for a few marijuana strains for inflammation that have proven to be effective:
- ACDC. This popular Sativa-dominant strain is a phenotype of Cannatonic, and very high in CBD, the non-psychoactive component in cannabis touted for its pain relieving abilities. This strain is as close to a “Pure CBD” whole plant as you can get, and as such offer pain relief with very little, if any, intoxicating effects. THC in this strain rarely exceeds 1% while CBD is very high from 16-24%, with users reporting full-body relaxation and effective relief from pain. CBD to THC ratio is 20 to 1. Users report this strain is very good at relieving anxiety as well as pain. With aromas of lemongrass, cherry, and berries, this is both a soothing and uplifting marijuana strain for inflammation relief. In addition to being used to treat inflammation and anxiety, ACDC is popular among those patients treating epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and the negative effects of chemotherapy such as nausea and vomiting.
- Flo. This hybrid strain is derived from Purple Thai and Afghani Indica and reported to help with the pain caused by inflammation while providing a pleasant euphoria. The distinctive blend of sweet hash, menthol, and fruitiness gives this strain its unique aroma. Relaxing, uplifting, and offering a mental clarity that’s perfect for those looking for pain relief and relaxation while maintaining functionality, this is a marijuana strain for inflammation that is highly recommended for use as a daytime med.
- Harlequin. CBD and THC levels can reach 15% each although growers usually aim for a 5:2 ratio of CBD to THC. This strain is known for providing users with a pleasant mental release without causing fatigue. This 75/25 Sativa-dominant hybrid is known for being extremely helpful in relieving the pain and inflammation of arthritis, as well as depression, headaches, anxiety, and stress.
- Cannatonic. This hybrid is known for producing an uplifting yet mellow high, and providing excellent pain and inflammation relief, along with assisting patients who experience seizures. This popular hybrid is a favorite among many medical marijuana users and offers a balanced high that comes from 7-15% THC and 12% CBD. Patients report relief from pain and a happy optimism after use.
- Girl Scout Cookies. One of the most popular marijuana strains for inflammation out there, this Indica-dominant hybrid has a high THC (up to 28%), and low CBB (0.2%) content. This strain is best reserved for the experienced marijuana consumer, and is not recommended for the beginner due to its potency and powerful effects. The name is derived from the taste, which is reminiscent of candy and mint.
If you live in the Colorado Springs area and need help with a medical condition which you believe could be helped with medical marijuana, Medical Alternatives Clinic is here to help. Contact us at (719) 246-0393 for help in determining the best course of medical marijuana for your needs, or email us your questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule an appointment with one of our medical marijuana doctors in Colorado Springs, please visit our online portal. We offer convenient same day appointments for current and prospective medical marijuana patients and we can help you get your MMJ Red Card in three days or less!